Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Sleeve or muff coupling
|Split muff coupling
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling
|Variable speed coupling
|Bushed pin-type coupling
|Constant speed coupling
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Can flexible couplings accommodate variable operating conditions and loads?
Yes, flexible couplings are designed to accommodate variable operating conditions and loads in mechanical systems. They offer several features that allow them to adapt to changing conditions and handle different loads effectively. Below are the reasons why flexible couplings are well-suited for such applications:
Misalignment Compensation: Flexible couplings can handle misalignment between shafts, including angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. This capability allows them to accommodate slight shifts in shaft positions that may occur due to thermal expansion, vibration, or other factors, ensuring smooth operation even in changing conditions.
Shock and Vibration Absorption: Flexible couplings can dampen shocks and vibrations that result from sudden changes in load or operating conditions. The flexible element in the coupling acts as a buffer, absorbing and reducing the impact of sudden loads or transient forces, protecting connected equipment and increasing system reliability.
Variable Load Capacity: Flexible couplings come in various designs and materials, each with its load capacity range. Manufacturers provide different coupling models with varying load capacities to accommodate different applications. Properly selecting the right coupling for the specific load conditions ensures reliable power transmission even under varying loads.
Compensation for Thermal Expansion: Temperature changes can cause thermal expansion in mechanical systems, leading to shaft misalignment. Flexible couplings can handle the resulting misalignment, compensating for thermal expansion and ensuring continuous and smooth power transmission.
Torsional Stiffness: Flexible couplings are designed with a balance between flexibility and torsional stiffness. This property allows them to adapt to variable loads while still providing the necessary rigidity for efficient power transmission.
Durable Materials and Designs: Manufacturers produce flexible couplings from durable materials like stainless steel, aluminum, or engineered elastomers. These materials ensure that the couplings can withstand varying operating conditions, including temperature fluctuations, harsh environments, and high loads.
Dynamic Behavior: Flexible couplings have a dynamic behavior that enables them to operate smoothly and efficiently under changing loads and speeds. They can handle variations in rotational speed and torque while maintaining consistent performance.
Application Flexibility: Flexible couplings find applications in a wide range of industries, from automotive and aerospace to industrial and marine. Their versatility allows them to accommodate variable operating conditions and loads in different systems.
Summary: Flexible couplings are well-suited for applications with variable operating conditions and loads. Their ability to compensate for misalignment, absorb shocks and vibrations, and handle thermal expansion make them reliable components in mechanical systems. The availability of various coupling designs and materials allows for the selection of the appropriate coupling based on the specific application requirements, ensuring optimal performance and longevity in variable conditions.
Can flexible couplings be used in precision manufacturing equipment, such as CNC machines?
Yes, flexible couplings can be used in precision manufacturing equipment, including CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machines. CNC machines require high accuracy and precision during operation to produce complex and intricate parts. Flexible couplings play a vital role in such equipment by providing various benefits that enhance their performance and reliability.
- Compensation for Misalignment: CNC machines often have multiple moving parts and axes that need precise alignment. Flexible couplings can accommodate small misalignments between these components, ensuring smooth and reliable power transmission without inducing additional stress or strain on the system.
- Vibration Damping: Precision manufacturing requires minimizing vibrations that could affect the quality of the finished product. Flexible couplings with damping properties can absorb and dissipate vibrations, resulting in better surface finishes and accuracy of the machined parts.
- Torsional Flexibility: CNC machines may experience torque fluctuations during acceleration, deceleration, or tool changes. Flexible couplings with torsional flexibility can handle these variations and prevent torsional vibrations from affecting the machining process.
- Backlash Compensation: Some types of flexible couplings, such as beam couplings, offer minimal or near-zero backlash. This characteristic is essential in CNC machines, as it helps maintain positional accuracy during direction changes and reversals.
- High Torque Transmission: CNC machines may require high torque transmission capabilities, especially in heavy-duty cutting or milling operations. Flexible couplings can handle substantial torque loads while still providing flexibility to address misalignments.
- Reduced Maintenance: With the ability to absorb shocks and compensate for misalignment, flexible couplings can extend the life of other mechanical components in the CNC machine, reducing overall maintenance requirements and downtime.
It’s important to select the appropriate type and size of flexible coupling based on the specific requirements of the CNC machine, including torque, speed, misalignment, and environmental conditions. Regular maintenance and inspection of the flexible couplings will ensure optimal performance and contribute to the overall precision and efficiency of the CNC machine.
Can flexible couplings handle misalignment between shafts?
Yes, flexible couplings are specifically designed to handle misalignment between shafts in rotating machinery and mechanical systems. Misalignment can occur due to various factors, including installation errors, thermal expansion, manufacturing tolerances, or shaft deflection during operation.
Flexible couplings offer the ability to compensate for different types of misalignment, including:
- Angular Misalignment: When the shafts are not collinear and have an angular offset, flexible couplings can accommodate this misalignment by flexing or twisting, allowing the two shafts to remain connected while transmitting torque smoothly.
- Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment occurs when the two shafts are not perfectly aligned along their axes. Flexible couplings can adjust to this misalignment, ensuring that the shafts remain connected and capable of transmitting power efficiently.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment, also known as end float or axial displacement, refers to the relative axial movement of the two shafts. Some flexible coupling designs can accommodate axial misalignment, allowing for slight axial movements without disengaging the coupling.
The ability of flexible couplings to handle misalignment is essential in preventing premature wear and failure of the connected equipment. By compensating for misalignment, flexible couplings reduce the stress on the shafts, bearings, and seals, extending the service life of these components and improving overall system reliability.
It is crucial to select the appropriate type of flexible coupling based on the specific misalignment requirements of the application. Different coupling designs offer varying degrees of misalignment compensation, and the choice depends on factors such as the magnitude and type of misalignment, the torque requirements, and the operating environment.
In summary, flexible couplings play a vital role in handling misalignment between shafts, ensuring efficient power transmission and protecting mechanical systems from the adverse effects of misalignment. Their ability to accommodate misalignment makes them indispensable components in various industrial, automotive, aerospace, and marine applications.
editor by CX 2023-11-21