|Item Name||Cushioned Sleeve Bearing Coupling Flexible Coupling NBR Jaw Coupling for Pumps, Motors|
|Application||motor, pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors
|Color||black or as Customer’s Request|
5mm To 8mm (customized)
|Package||According to Your Requirements|
|Processing Method||Compression Molding|
|Service||OEM and ODM Are Also Welcomed|
|Material||Customized. Aluminum, Stainless Steel,NR,SBR, NBR, EPDM, MQ, SR etc.|
|Sample||Available. Trial Sample 7 to 20 days.|
These stainless steel shaft couplers allow you to couple 2 size shafts together. They can be used for connecting motor shafts to drive shafts, or 2 different-sized shafts. These shaft couplers have a length of 0.75″, a outer diameter of 0.42″, and couple 1/4″ to 5mm shafts.
Connect this to that with a set-screw coupler. These couplers are made of machined aluminum and have a spiral cut that makes them slightly flexible so they can be fit to 2 shafts even if they are not perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects.
This coupler will connect a 5mm diameter shaft to an 8mm diameter shaft. A perfect add on for motors. Comes with 2 sets of double set-screws (two per side) for secure attachment. You’ll need a 2mm allen wrench to tighten/loosen the set-screws.
Total Number of Personnel:>350 staffs (as of June.24, 2571)
Total Production scale: >35000 square meters
Head Office: HangZhousun Rubber & Plastic Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Compression Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
Branch Company: HangZhou Mingrui Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Molds, Refined Hardware, Intelligent Automation Equipment, etc.
Branch Company: ZheJiang Yousheng New Material Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Extrusion Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
R&D and Quality Control
HangZhousun’s R&D team has more than 120 staff ,and gathers CZPT and creative experts and professors.
Keeping responsibility in mind, R&D team brings multiple capabilities, supports HangZhousun keep leading at rubber&plastics industry.
R&D team forms strict management system on each project in compliance with latest world scientific standard and requirements.
We strictly emphasize on quality and management control.
Our R&D and production management follows TUV & IS014001 Environmental System.
Beyond these, Our finished products meet approval of ISO9001, IATF16949 & UL quality control system.
HangZhousun can make our products meet standards as customer’s demand like CE, ROHS, REACH, CP65, PAHS, FDA, TSCA,etc.
(IF YOU WANT MORE DETAIL INFORMATION OF OUR COMPANY AND PRODUCTS, WELCOME TO CONTACT AND CHAT WITH US. SHOULD ANY OF OUR ITEMS BE OF INTEREST TO YOU, PLEASE LET US KNOW WITH THE HOPE THAT WE MAY WORK WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE. )
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Jaw Coupling for a Specific System
Choosing the right jaw coupling for a specific system is crucial to ensure efficient power transmission and reliable operation. Several factors should be considered when making the selection:
- Torque and Power Requirements: Calculate the torque and power requirements of the system to determine the appropriate size of the jaw coupling. Ensure that the selected coupling can handle the maximum torque and power output without exceeding its rated capacity.
- Shaft Size: Match the jaw coupling’s bore size to the shaft diameters of the connected equipment. The coupling’s bore should be slightly larger than the shaft diameter to allow for easy installation and proper clamping.
- Misalignment Compensation: Evaluate the degree of misalignment that the system may experience during operation. Jaw couplings can handle angular, parallel, and axial misalignment to varying degrees, but it’s essential to choose a coupling with the appropriate misalignment capabilities for the specific application.
- Operating Speed: Consider the operating speed of the system. Some jaw couplings are designed for high-speed applications, while others are more suitable for lower speeds. Choosing a coupling that matches the system’s operating speed helps prevent issues such as resonance and premature wear.
- Environmental Conditions: Assess the environmental conditions in which the coupling will operate. Factors such as temperature, moisture, and exposure to chemicals can influence the choice of material for the jaw coupling.
- Backlash: Determine if the application requires minimal or zero backlash. Some jaw couplings may have inherent backlash due to their design, while others are designed to provide backlash-free operation.
- Installation and Maintenance: Consider the ease of installation and maintenance of the jaw coupling. Some couplings may have a split design, making installation and replacement simpler.
- Cost and Budget: Compare the cost of the jaw coupling with the system’s budget. While it’s essential to select a high-quality coupling, it’s also crucial to ensure it fits within the budget constraints.
By carefully evaluating these factors, engineers and designers can make an informed decision when choosing a jaw coupling that meets the specific requirements of the system, leading to optimal performance and longevity of the mechanical system.
How does a jaw coupling help in torque and rotational speed control?
A jaw coupling plays a vital role in torque and rotational speed control by facilitating efficient power transmission while compensating for misalignments and dampening vibrations. Here’s how a jaw coupling helps in achieving torque and rotational speed control:
- Torque Transmission: Jaw couplings are designed to transmit torque between two shafts with minimal power loss. The elastomer spider, which acts as the flexible element between the two coupling hubs, efficiently transfers torque from one shaft to the other. This precise torque transmission is essential in maintaining consistent rotational motion and controlling the speed of the driven equipment.
- Misalignment Compensation: In rotating machinery, misalignments between the motor and driven equipment are common due to factors like installation errors, thermal expansion, or shaft deflection. Jaw couplings can handle both angular and parallel misalignments. By accommodating these misalignments, jaw couplings ensure smooth operation and prevent unnecessary stress on the equipment, thus contributing to torque and rotational speed control.
- Vibration Damping: Vibrations are an inherent characteristic of rotating machinery and can affect torque and rotational speed stability. The elastomer spider in the jaw coupling acts as a damping element, absorbing and dissipating vibrations. This vibration damping capability reduces the risk of speed fluctuations and enhances overall system stability during operation.
- Start-Up and Overload Protection: During start-up or when the driven equipment experiences sudden overload conditions, there may be spikes in torque and rotational speed. Jaw couplings, with their torsional flexibility, can absorb these sudden torque variations, protecting the equipment from damage and providing smoother start-up and operation.
The combination of precise torque transmission, misalignment compensation, vibration damping, and overload protection makes jaw couplings effective in achieving torque and rotational speed control. However, it is essential to choose the appropriate jaw coupling size and material for the specific application to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
For applications that require even higher torque capacity or stricter speed control, specialized coupling types like gear couplings or servo couplings may be more suitable. These couplings offer advanced features for precision motion control and torque transmission in more demanding applications.
Comparing Jaw Couplings to Other Types of Couplings in Performance
Jaw couplings offer certain advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of couplings, and their performance characteristics vary based on the specific application requirements. Here’s a comparison of jaw couplings with some commonly used coupling types:
- Jaw Couplings vs. Gear Couplings: Jaw couplings are more economical and easier to install than gear couplings. They can handle misalignment to some extent, but gear couplings are better suited for high torque and high misalignment applications.
- Jaw Couplings vs. Disc Couplings: Both jaw couplings and disc couplings provide some level of misalignment compensation, but disc couplings offer higher torque capacity and better torsional stiffness. Jaw couplings are generally more cost-effective for low to moderate torque applications.
- Jaw Couplings vs. Oldham Couplings: Jaw couplings are torsionally stiffer than Oldham couplings, which means they provide more accurate torque transmission. However, Oldham couplings can accommodate higher misalignment and have no moving parts, making them suitable for some low-speed applications.
- Jaw Couplings vs. Flexible Beam Couplings: Beam couplings are more flexible than jaw couplings and can handle higher misalignment. However, jaw couplings have a higher torque capacity and can dampen vibration better in certain conditions.
Ultimately, the choice of coupling depends on the specific needs of the application, including factors like torque requirements, misalignment, speed, and cost considerations. It’s essential to carefully evaluate the performance characteristics of different coupling types and select the one that best suits the demands of the mechanical system to ensure reliable and efficient power transmission.
editor by CX 2023-08-04