GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS PRODUCTS SERISE
STAINLESS STEEL GROOVED FLEXIBLE COUPLINGS SPECIFICATION
Housing : Stainless steel 304(CF8) or 316L(CF3M)
Rubber Gasket : Standard gasket is EPDM(Ethylene-Propylene-Diene Monomer), the range of working temperature is -50ºC-150ºC,using for cold water,hot water and rare alkaline chemical products.
Bolt&Nuts : Stainless steel bolts&nuts according to international standard models of carriage bolts and flange nuts.Nut is SS304 material.
According to ASTM A743 standard for housing material
–Type 304 to ASTM A743 CF8(304)
–Type 316L to ASTM A743 CF3M(316L)
Size range : 1″to 8″(DN25 to DN200),cutting groove only.
Rated working pressure
–Low pressure flexible coupling 300psi;
–Medium pressure flexible coupling 600psi;
–High pressure flexible coupling 1000/1200psi;
–Super High pressure flexible coupling 1500psi.
LOW PRESSURE STAINLESS STEEL FLEXIBLE GROOVED COUPLING(300psi)
Stainless steel is used as raw material with good corrosion resistance. And there is the natures which is high strength, good toughness and good mechanical properties. According to the precision casting process, the precision of the clamping size is guaranteed.The material has tensile strength which is not less than 600 MPA and the extension is not less than 15%. withstands high pressure and high impact of pipeline by several disadvantage factors.
The gasket seal with special C-shaped design, that is perfect matching with pipeline dimension in order to achieve working pressure.The gasket is tightener while further pressed in order to achieve sealing efficiency.when the Meanwhile, the imported raw material will also be guaranteed the mechanical properties.
Scope of application
ZheJiang Morui Environment&Technology Co., Ltd. (refer to ZheJiang MR), is professional company which is committed to become processing manufacturer of pipeline system solutions. Located in the ZheJiang High-tech Zone as headquarter. There are several branches in ZheJiang , ZheJiang and ZheJiang provinces.
We are not only processing manufacturer, but also it has the own sales and service network. We are able to grasp accurately the clients’ “pain points” that the clients faced. And provide the proper solutions immediately. Because we have the excellent team who are focusing on follow-up service.
The ZheJiang MR company’s products have been widely used in the field of MF, UF and RO system, sewage water system, water supply and drainage, high-pressure desalination system, such as garbage infiltration liquid, electronic, chemical industry, air-conditioning and so on. Our products are compliance with international first-class standard(GB, ASTM, DIN and JIS). Meanwhile providing the professional before-sale and after-sale service to our clients.
How does a flexible coupling handle electrical insulation between shafts?
Flexible couplings are typically not designed to provide electrical insulation between shafts. In most cases, flexible couplings are used solely for the purpose of transmitting mechanical power from one shaft to another while accommodating misalignment and absorbing shocks and vibrations. They do not offer any electrical isolation or insulation properties.
When electrical insulation is required between two rotating shafts in a system, additional components or specialized couplings are used. For applications where electrical isolation is necessary, insulated couplings or special insulation components can be employed. These types of couplings feature insulating materials, coatings, or designs that prevent electrical current from flowing between the connected shafts.
Insulated couplings can be beneficial in certain applications, such as electric motor drives or systems involving sensitive electronics. They help prevent stray currents, ground loops, and electrical interference that could potentially damage equipment or affect the accuracy of electronic signals. However, it is important to note that not all flexible couplings provide this electrical insulation capability, and users should carefully select couplings that meet the specific electrical isolation requirements of their application.
Summary: Flexible couplings, as standard mechanical components, do not inherently provide electrical insulation between shafts. They are primarily used for mechanical power transmission and misalignment compensation. If electrical insulation is needed between rotating shafts, insulated couplings or specialized components with insulating properties should be chosen to meet the specific requirements of the application.
How does a flexible coupling help in torque and rotational speed control?
A flexible coupling plays a crucial role in torque and rotational speed control in rotating machinery. It offers several benefits that contribute to efficient power transmission and help maintain desired operating conditions:
- Torque Transmission: Flexible couplings transmit torque from one shaft to another while accommodating misalignments. They provide a reliable connection that allows the driving shaft to transfer rotational force (torque) to the driven shaft without causing undue stress on the connected components.
- Smooth Power Transmission: Flexible couplings help reduce shocks and vibrations that can occur during startup, shutdown, or sudden load changes. By damping these vibrations, the coupling ensures smooth power transmission and protects the connected equipment from unnecessary wear.
- Rotational Speed Control: In certain applications, especially those involving precision motion control, maintaining consistent rotational speed is critical. Flexible couplings can help by minimizing backlash and torsional wind-up. Backlash refers to the play or gap between the coupling’s components, while torsional wind-up is the twisting deformation that can occur under torque load. Flexible couplings with low backlash and high torsional stiffness contribute to accurate rotational speed control.
- Compensation for Misalignment: Rotating machinery may experience misalignment due to various factors such as thermal expansion, foundation settling, or machining tolerances. Flexible couplings accommodate angular, parallel, and axial misalignments, which helps in maintaining proper alignment between the shafts and reduces unnecessary torque variations.
- Protection from Overloads: Flexible couplings can act as a mechanical fuse by disengaging or slipping when subjected to excessive torque loads. This feature protects the connected components from damage caused by sudden overloads or jamming events.
- Energy Efficiency: Certain types of flexible couplings, such as elastomeric couplings or beam couplings, have low mass and inertia. This characteristic reduces energy losses and contributes to overall system efficiency.
By providing reliable torque transmission, smooth power transfer, rotational speed control, and compensation for misalignment, flexible couplings optimize the performance and longevity of rotating machinery. Additionally, they enhance the safety and efficiency of various industrial processes by protecting equipment from excessive loads and ensuring smooth operation in diverse applications.
Can flexible couplings handle misalignment between shafts?
Yes, flexible couplings are specifically designed to handle misalignment between shafts in rotating machinery and mechanical systems. Misalignment can occur due to various factors, including installation errors, thermal expansion, manufacturing tolerances, or shaft deflection during operation.
Flexible couplings offer the ability to compensate for different types of misalignment, including:
- Angular Misalignment: When the shafts are not collinear and have an angular offset, flexible couplings can accommodate this misalignment by flexing or twisting, allowing the two shafts to remain connected while transmitting torque smoothly.
- Parallel Misalignment: Parallel misalignment occurs when the two shafts are not perfectly aligned along their axes. Flexible couplings can adjust to this misalignment, ensuring that the shafts remain connected and capable of transmitting power efficiently.
- Axial Misalignment: Axial misalignment, also known as end float or axial displacement, refers to the relative axial movement of the two shafts. Some flexible coupling designs can accommodate axial misalignment, allowing for slight axial movements without disengaging the coupling.
The ability of flexible couplings to handle misalignment is essential in preventing premature wear and failure of the connected equipment. By compensating for misalignment, flexible couplings reduce the stress on the shafts, bearings, and seals, extending the service life of these components and improving overall system reliability.
It is crucial to select the appropriate type of flexible coupling based on the specific misalignment requirements of the application. Different coupling designs offer varying degrees of misalignment compensation, and the choice depends on factors such as the magnitude and type of misalignment, the torque requirements, and the operating environment.
In summary, flexible couplings play a vital role in handling misalignment between shafts, ensuring efficient power transmission and protecting mechanical systems from the adverse effects of misalignment. Their ability to accommodate misalignment makes them indispensable components in various industrial, automotive, aerospace, and marine applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-04